- Abstracts have to be submitted exclusively by the following
- Deadline for submission on the 01st November 2020.
- The presenting authors must register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee by the deadline for the 15th November 2020.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a scientific commission. The best 10 papers will be presented by authors in the Award Abstract Session, 3 of them will be awarded.
- Abstracts should be submitted and presented in English.
- Each contribution must relate to one of the given topics:
- Hip, knee and shoulder arthroscopy
- Hip, knee and shoulder preserving surgery
- Primary and revision THA, TKA and TSA
Size, Content, Conditions, Requirements
- The abstract is limited to 2’500 characters; neither table charts nor graphic designs are permitted.
- The title should be short and significant. The text has to be orthographically suitable for publishing.
- The following structure of the abstract is mandatory: objectives, methods, results and conclusions.
- Concerning the methods it has to be clear if the study is prospective or retrospective. Statistical procedures have to be specified.
- The methodology of data entry and evaluation of clinical papers must comprehensively describe the level of evidence (EbM-Levels).
- The setup of experimental studies has to be documented.
- The abstract has to contain all relevant data.
- The usage of special formatting should be limited.
- The number of authors is limited to 4 altogether. The presenter must be listed first.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by several experts.
- Review criteria are: aim and objective (actuality, scientific novelty, important, clearly defined), material and methodology (adequate design, prospective or retrospective), results (complete, trend-setting, statistically covered) and conclusions (critical, well deduced).
- Abstracts that show formal errors (multi-submission, already published) will be rejected.
- E-Mail notifications about acceptance or refusal will be sent to the presenting author subsequent to the reviewing process.
The three best presentations, after due evaluation by the Scientific Committee, will receive an award financial grant:
- 1-st place: fellowship in leading orthopaedic clinic abroad;
- 2-nd 3-rd place financial grant